A Regular Meeting of the Dundee Township Board was held Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Supervisor Uhl called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present were: Trustees: Alana Horkey, Ken Jaworski, Travis Horkey, Supervisor Uhl, Clerk Anderson, Gary Lazette, & Treasurer Hunt. Clerk Anderson did roll call.
- Trustee Jaworski motioned to approve the agenda. Treasurer Hunt supported. Motion carried.
- Trustee Lazette motioned to waive the reading and approve the minutes from the Truth and Taxation meeting held on April 4, 2023. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion carried.
- Treasurer Hunt motioned to waive the reading and approve the minutes from the special meeting held on April 4, 2023. Trustee Jaworski seconded. Motion carried.
- Treasurer Hunt motioned to waive the Correspondence reading and place on file. Trustee Jaworski seconded. Motion carried.
- Treasurer Hunt motioned to approve the March 2023 treasurer’s report. Trustee Jaworski seconded. Motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Marilyn Larson commented on the ARPA grant fund.
LIBRARY: Jennifer Grudnoski presented a library update and reviewed activities. Dundee was the 3 highest circulation in Monroe County with 3500 items checked out.
ASSESSING: No report at this time.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT: No report at this time.
FIRE DEPARTMENT: Village Calls: 69, Township Calls: 11, Mutual Aid Calls: 1
SUPERVISOR UHL: The project for on Gloff Rd. is underway.
TRUSTEE ALANA HORKEY: Commented on her appreciation for the library activities and commented on attending the ZBA meeting.
TRUSTEE GARY LAZETTE: Trustee Lazette stated he would like to see information on replacing trustee chairs. Stated he would like to see funds be moved from G.F. to a Building Funds. He stated he shared concerns to Dundee Village about the curb in front of the Township building. He read reviewed the Trustee description from the MTA handbook.
TRUSTEE TRAVIS HORKEY: Commented on his appreciation for the cleanup at the cemeteries.
TRUSTEE KEN JAWORSKI: Will be tagging cemetery markers for brush cleanup.
TREASURER LISA HUNT: Tax settlement is done. There was an issue with the Summer-2022 bills not being received by several residents. Treasurer Hunt is looking at several things to prevent this from reoccurring.
CLERK JEAN ANDERSON: Reported an August election is now schedule for Summerfield school millage renewal. Stated the CILP will now be paid annually instead of quarterly.
- Discussed Dundee Township Peddler and Solicitor Ordinance. Treasurer Hunt motioned to adopt Ordinance 45. Trustee Lazette seconded. Roll Call vote: Alana Horkey: Yes, Ken Jaworski: Yes, Travis Horkey: Yes, Clerk Anderson: Yes, Gary Lazette: Yes, Treasurer Hunt: Yes, Supervisor Uhl: Yes. Clerk. Ordinance #45 adopted.
- Solar Ordinance was discussed. Additional items to review. Board will discuss at a later meeting.
- American Legion Flag Proposal presented to purchase 3 boxes cemetery flags through American Legion Post 72 for $387.00. They also presented to remove the flags after Memorial Day to preserve the flag life. Trustee Lazette motioned to approve. Trustee Jaworski seconded. Motion passed.
- Firehall Landscape Bid presented. Trustee Lazette motioned to postpone until next meeting and to include a maintenance plan with the bids. Trustee Jaworski seconded. Treasurer Hunt opposed. Motion passed.
- Ordinance Officer vacancy discussed. Tim Duby, currently an ordinance officer in several other townships spoke to the board. The board will review and decide at a later time on the vacant position.
- Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector vacancies were discussed. Trustee Lazette motioned to advertise the plumbing and mechanical inspector open positions in the paper. Supervisor Uhl seconded. Treasurer Hunt opposed. Motion passed.
- Credit Card Payment system was presented with a Point and Pay proposal. Supervisor Uhl motioned to use the Point and Pay system as presented. Trustee Alana Horkey seconded. Trustee Jaworski opposed. Motion passed.
Additional board comments:
- Trustee Jaworski commented on the Fire Department hazard pay that he believed the additional fireman pay in 2020 was a bonus not hazard pay. Clerk Anderson mentioned information indicating it was hazard pay as well as other items being reviewed to ensure the grant spending is in line with the APRA guidelines. Treasurer Hunt motioned to add to May 23rd Agenda. Trustee Alana Horkey seconded. No board vote since motion was not needed to add to agenda.
Treasurer Hunt motioned to adjourn. Trustee Jaworski supported. Motion carried.
The next meeting will be June 13, 2023 at 7PM.
Attested: Respectfully Submitted,
Joanna Uhl Jean Anderson
Dundee Township Supervisor Dundee Township Clerk