A Regular Meeting of the Dundee Township Board was held Tuesday, June 13, 2023. Supervisor Uhl called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present were: Trustees: Alana Horkey, Ken Jaworski, Travis Horkey, Supervisor Uhl, Clerk Anderson, Gary Lazette, & Treasurer Hunt. Clerk Anderson did roll call.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Mark Bogi of Milan spoke on Day Road and Platt Road issues and that Milan would like to partner with Dundee to repair, cut berms and gravel.
LIBRARY: Jennifer Grudnoski presented a library update and reviewed activities. Dundee was the 3rd highest circulation in Monroe County with 2,990 items checked out Discussed hours to be changing and submitted the new hour schedule.
ASSESSING: No report at this time.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT: Presented building report and spoke about Team Trailer site.
FIRE DEPARTMENT: Fire department: 75 Total Calls: Village Calls: 50, Township Calls: 17, Mutual Aid Calls: 8.
- Discussed Day Road, as mentioned by mark Bogi. Will look at the numbers to determine what may possibly work with partnering with Milan.
- Stated ditch mowing is to be timed with primary road mowing in townships.
- Plum Creek at Irish Road needs Gradall and repair at $7,200. Joanna approved since funds are available.
TREASURER LISA HUNT:
- Mentioned the Point and Pay system is still being worked on.
- Stated the Summer tax bills will be mailed out in July.
CLERK JEAN ANDERSON:
- Reported election inspector training is scheduled in June for the August election.
- Mentioned the MTA Annual Membership Dues Invoice was received. Discussed renewing it. Joanna will inquire on the legal aspect to determine if it should be paid in addition to the renewal.
- Stated the APEX Software Invoice for the assessing drawing services was updated from 3 users to 1 user, a currently being used. Resulting in an annual savings of over $500.
- Reviewed some of the updates needed to be made to the GL and possible options that are being looked into. Will discuss more options further at next meeting.
- Stated the Firemen Premium Pay amount previously approved did not include the Township taxes, and is over by $10,000. The final payroll amount with all taxes paid exceeds the previously approved amount of $135,000. Trustee Travis Horkey motioned to increase the Firemen Premium Pay amount to not exceed $144,000. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Clerk Anderson abstained. Motion carried.
TRUSTEE GARY LAZETTE:
- Stated he is looking at the light over the library door.
- Stated he is looking at quoted for the library wall.
- Mentioned Dave Sedlar checked the new Township ADA door and found the function to be satisfactory.
TRUSTEE TRAVIS HORKEY:
- Distributed sample wind ordinance copied and stated he plans to work on incorporating commercial guidelines to the ordinance.
TRUSTEE KEN JAWORSKI:
- Discussed the Knights of Pythias graves. He spoke to our sexton and found his records do not indicate any burials in their graves. Will continue to discuss options with the Knights of Pythias, such as either buying back the graves, donating to the veterans, or other options.
- Stated weed trimming issues being reported. He spoke with the mowing service and feels the issues are resolved.
TRUSTEE ALANA HORKEY: No report at this time.
modification for both the Firehall and Library doors. Trustee Lazette seconded. Discussion on Par Grant to be used, with Par grant timeline in August. Motion did not pass due to looking further into the Par Grant.
Additional board comments:
Treasurer Hunt motioned to pay the bills from June 13, 2023 in the amount of $15,264.62.
Trustee Jaworski supported. Motion Carried.
Treasurer Hunt motioned to adjourn. Trustee Lazette supported. Motion carried.
The next meeting will be June 27, 2023 at 7PM.
Attested: Respectfully Submitted,
Joanna Uhl Jean Anderson
Dundee Township Supervisor Dundee Township Clerk
This page last updated on 7/20/2023.