A Regular Meeting of the Dundee Township Board was held Tuesday, July 25, 2023. Supervisor Uhl called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present were: Trustees: Alana Horkey, Ken Jaworski, Travis Horkey, Supervisor Uhl, Clerk Anderson, Gary Lazette, & Treasurer Hunt. Clerk Anderson did roll call.
- Treasurer Hunt motioned to approve the agenda. Trustee Alana Horkey supported. Motion carried.
- Trustee Lazette motioned to waive the reading and approve the revised minutes from the regular meeting held on July 11, 2023. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion carried.
- Treasurer Hunt motioned to waive the reading and approve the correspondences. Trustee Jaworski seconded. Motion carried.
- Treasurer Hunt motioned to waive the reading and approve the June 2023 Treasurer’s Report. Trustee Lazette seconded. Motion carried.
Marilyn Larson commented on concerns about the cemetery condition.
Sheriff Troy Goodnough presented the Township Police Report for the past year. Criminal calls year to date in 2023 are down from 2022, while traffic violations and animal control calls have increased. Busiest call time is between 11am-7pm weekdays. Stated the county red shirt program could be used to assist with cemetery cleanup projects.
LIBRARY: No report at this time.
ASSESSING: The Board of Review met in July.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT: No report at this time.
- Total Calls for June 2023: 81, Village: 56, Township: 20, Mutal: 5.
- Presented quote of $2,095.24 from Team Trailer to replace tires on Utility Truck. Treasurer Hunt motioned to approve purchase of tires for $2,095.24 from Team Trailer. Trustee Alana Horkey seconded. Motion Carried.
- Presented quote from Orkin for pest control at Fire Hall. Dan stated the firemen will do internal maintenance to remedy the pest issues.
TREASURER LISA HUNT:
- Mentioned the Point and Pay system is still being worked on.
- Stated the Summer tax bills are being received now.
- Discussed information on website update.
- Discussed meeting with MCCC President on the Global Leadership Summit.
- Stated the Invoice for the work on Irish Road at Pitts Creek was received. Plans to discuss using ARPA funds at next meeting.
CLERK JEAN ANDERSON:
- Stated the ballot box was delivered.
- Will need to determine mounting near the front entrance with a possible cement pad.
- State now requires cameras positioned on ballot box, to be done before ballot box is installed.
- Will need to determine camera type, installer, and installation location; currently state is not paying for cameras.
- 10 absentee ballots have been received.
- Election is on August 8th, same night as next board meeting.
TRUSTEE GARY LAZETTE:
- Stated completed repair of Lieb cemetery light.
TRUSTEE TRAVIS HORKEY: No report at this time.
TRUSTEE KEN JAWORSKI: No report at this time.
TRUSTEE ALANA HORKEY: No report at this time.
- MTA Dues Legal Defense Fund for legal support on challenges that have a negative impact on surrounding townships was discussed. Supervisor Uhl motioned to approve the MTA Dues with the Legal Defense Fund Contribution for $7,537.54. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion Carried.
- The Township Board Meeting on August 8th, 2023 is the same day as the August 8th Special Election. Supervisor Uhl motioned to cancel the August 8th, 2023 board meeting. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion Carried.
- Township Building Repair Bid presented to add a second door to Treasurer’s Office. Trustee Lazette motioned to approve the bid from Doug Fisk as presented to add the door for $750.00 Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion Carried.
- Township Building Repair Bids presented to replace rotten exterior siding at the front of the building.
Trustee Lazette motioned to approve the bid from Tam’s Painting & Building LLC as presented to replace and paint the rotten siding for $2,920.00 and add painting the door frames. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion Carried.
- Resolution 2023-9 Credit Card Policy Adoption was reviewed. Supervisor Uhl motioned to adopt Resolution 2023-9 Credit Card Policy. Trustee Lazette seconded. Roll call vote: Trustee Alana Horkey – yes, Trustee Travis Horkey – yes, Trustee Gary Lazette – yes, Supervisor Uhl – yes, Treasurer Hunt – yes, Clerk Anderson – yes. Trustee Jaworski – nay. Motion Carried.
- Credit Card applications discussed. Supervisor Uhl motioned for Supervisor, Clerk & Treasurer to apply for the credit card from Old National Bank with $10,000 limit. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Clerk Anderson proposed the credit card guideline and use policy, credit card use forms, and credit card users be determined and adopted before the credit cards are received and used. Trustee Jaworski opposed. Motion Carried.
- Discussed our current planning and ordinance review firm, Carlisle Wortman, is dissolved their services with us. While we are looking for a new firm, Supervisor Uhl motioned to approve using our township attorney as the consultant for planning items, including WECS. Trustee Travis Horkey seconded. Trustee Lazette stated concerns for a firm who does not specialize in planning and incurring attorney rates while doing so. Trustee Lazette and Clerk Anderson opposed. Motion Carried.
Additional board comments:
- Trustee Lazette presented images of chairs.
- Trustee Travis Horkey commented that the growth at Oak Grove Cemetery should be a priority, even over the fence.
- Fire Chief stated there are 7 new volunteer firemen which need turnout gear. Grants are being submitted to cover the cost. Chief will update the board.
Supervisor Uhl motioned to pay the bills from July 20, 2023 in the amount of $34,492.99
Trustee Lazette supported. Motion Carried.
Trustee Jaworski motioned to adjourn at 8:01pm. Treasurer Hunt supported. Motion carried.
The next meeting will be August 22, 2023 at 7:00PM.
Attested: Respectfully Submitted,
Joanna Uhl Jean Anderson
Dundee Township Supervisor Dundee Township Clerk