A Regular Meeting of the Dundee Township Board was held Tuesday, November 28, 2023. Supervisor Uhl called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present were: Trustees: Alana Horkey, Supervisor Uhl, & Gary Lazette & Treasurer Hunt. Excused Absence: Ken Jaworski, Travis Horkey, Clerk Anderson. Supervisor Uhl did roll call.
- Trustee Lazette motioned to approve the agenda with the addition of quote from LaRoy Overhead Door. Trustee Alana Horkey supported. Motion carried.
- Trustee Alana Horkey motioned to waive the reading and approve the minutes from the regular meeting held on October 24, 2023. Trustee Lazette seconded. Treasurer Hunt abstained. Motion carried.
- Trustee Lazette motioned to approve the Treasurer’s Report for September 2023. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion carried.
- Treasurer Hunt motioned to waive the reading and approve the correspondences as presented. Supervisor Uhl seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARY: No report at this time.
ASSESSING: No report at this time.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT: No report at this time.
- Total fire calls this month were: 50, Village- Township- Mutual-
- 3 Invoices were presented with request to place on December 12th Meeting Agenda.
TREASURER LISA HUNT:
- Tax bills were sent to the printer in early November and are set to be mailed November 30th.
SUPERVISOR UHL: No report at this time.
CLERK JEAN ANDERSON: Supervisor Uhl presented Clerk Anderson’s report:
- Dundee Township is being awarded $2,500 for the PAR Grant for the Handicap-Assist Door Conversion at the Fire Department. This is a re-imbursement grant so we can schedule the work now, which will need to be done within 6-months.
- Compensation in Lieu of Pension will be paid December 15 for elected officials and hourly employees will be split between December & January.
- D&P will be installing the new phone system at the Township Hall and the new phone service at the Library in December.
TRUSTEE GARY LAZETTE: No report at this time. However, Trustee Lazette commented about the ZBA meeting meetings pertaining to him, which he stated were did not relate to the ZBA meeting itself.
TRUSTEE TRAVIS HORKEY: No report at this time.
Supervisor Uhl stated Trustee Travis Horkey mentioned he is in favor of the Finance Consultant extension and supporting the Emergency Networking System for the Fire Department.
TRUSTEE KEN JAWORSKI: No report at this time.
TRUSTEE ALANA HORKEY:
- Discussed attending the ZBA Meeting, which they approved the request presented on Ida West Road
- Discussed sitting in with the Fire Department at the Village Planning Commission Meeting where firemen discussed concerns regarding the expansion of Belle Estates. The expansion was denied.
- General Ledger Finance Consultant Extension – decision was made to wait for a full board on December 12.
- Library Railing Bid – Trustee Lazette motioned to go forward with Salenbien welding using ARPA funds in the amount of $1,350. Trustee Alana Horkey seconded. Motion passed.
- Library Painting Bid – Trustee Lazette motioned to utilize Eby Enterprises for $950 using Library Maintenance Funds to paint the library rail. Trustee Alana Horkey seconded. Motion passed.
- Library Water Heater Bids – Bids presented from Sieb and from Thompson. Trustee Lazette motioned to utilize Sieb Plumbing and Heating to replace the water heater for $1,870. Trustee Alana Horkey seconded. Motion passed.
- Emergency Networking Agreement Pricing – Trustee Alana Horkey motioned to conditionally approve the agreement with Emergency Networking for a 3-year term pending Kerry Bondy’s approval. Trustee Lazette seconded. Motion passed.
- Township Garage Door Bid – Trustee Lazette presented a bid from Laroy Overhead Door to replace one overhead garage door. He stated he is waiting on a second quote. Will be discussed again at the next meeting.
Additional board comments:
Supervisor Uhl motioned to pay the bills from November 9, 2023 in the amount of $45,896.20. Trustee Lazette seconded. Motion Carried.
Supervisor Uhl motioned to pay the bills from November 23, 2023 in the amount of $9,473.25. Trustee Lazette seconded. Motion Carried.
Treasurer Hunt motioned to adjourn at 7:38 pm. Trustee Lazette supported. Motion carried.
The next meeting will be December 12, 2023 at 7:00PM.
Attested: Respectfully Submitted,
Joanna Uhl Jean Anderson
Dundee Township Supervisor Dundee Township Clerk