A Regular Meeting of the Dundee Township Board was held Tuesday, September 12, 2023. Supervisor Uhl called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present were: Trustees: Alana Horkey, Ken Jaworski, Travis Horkey, Supervisor Uhl, Clerk Anderson, & Gary Lazette. Excused Absence: Treasurer Hunt. Clerk Anderson did roll call.
- Supervisor Uhl motioned to approve the revised agenda, removing the FD Grant Resolution. Trustee Travis Horkey supported. Motion carried.
- Trustee Jaworski motioned to waive the reading and approve the revised minutes from the regular meeting held on August 22, 2023. Trustee Lazette seconded. Motion carried.
- Trustee Travis Horkey motioned to waive the reading and approve the correspondences. Trustee Alana Horkey. Motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENT: No public comments.
LIBRARY: Jennifer presented the library report. Circulation checkouts are down from August 2022, however a year-to-date there is an increase. Attendance for program is up, including school visits. A memorial bench was installed at the back of the library. Many activities have been held at the library and many more coming. The DVF donated supplies and time for a community program held at the library.
ASSESSING: No report at this time.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT: No report at this time.
FIRE DEPARTMENT: No report at this time.
TREASURER LISA HUNT: Supervisor Uhl mentioned Treasurer Hunt is working on investment options.
- Annual Road Commission meeting is scheduled for October 3rd 9:00, which may be rescheduled. Anyone is able to attend if they let Joanna know.
- Supervisor Uhl will email an update for the website for discussion at the next meeting.
- Supervisor Uhl is reviewing a noise complaint for Dundee Products.
CLERK JEAN ANDERSON:
- The Ida Schools Special Election is on-track.
- Cameras for the ballot box are continued to be explored, meeting with IT to discuss further.
- The State of Michigan required an agreement to be filed by each Township, recommending multiple townships to merge together for the 9-Day Early Voting to get state funding. The county clerk also encouraged townships to merge with township recommendations. After careful consideration and discussion between township clerks, we completed an agreement to merge with Dundee-Raisinville-Milan Townships for the 9-Day Early Voting with voting to be held at Raisinville Township Hall.
TRUSTEE GARY LAZETTE:
- Inquired about the MTPP Par Grant being completed.
TRUSTEE TRAVIS HORKEY:
- Trustee Travis Horkey reviewed the WEC Wind Ordinance the Planning Commission chair. He is continuing to work on it.
TRUSTEE KEN JAWORSKI:
- Trustee Jaworski is working with Knights of Pythias on moving the monument.
- Mentioned the mower is to mow the lot at Oak Grove Cemetery and will further discuss with them mowing concerns.
TRUSTEE ALANA HORKEY:
- Trustee Alana Horkey gave a shout-out to the library for the events and work they’re doing and she gave a shout-out to the DVFD for the event they sponsored.
OLD BUSINESS: No Old Business
- Library AC retaining wall replacement quotes discussed. Concrete quote from Concrete Saw Cutters for $5,830. And a quote for removing and reinstalling the AC units from Sieb Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for $1,285. Supervisor Uhl motioned to approve the library wall work for the quotes presented using ARPA funds. Trustee Jaworski seconded. Motion Carried.
- Concrete Saw Cutters also quoted a cement base for the ballot box installation of $500. Clerk Anderson motioned to approve the cement work for the ballot box base to be done by Concrete Saw Cutters up to the proposed amount of $500, using 2023 Election funds. Trustee Travis Horkey seconded. Motion carried.
- Decker Insurance Renewal Invoices were presented by Dustin Drabek from Decker Insurance Agency. A 12% increase, a portion of the increase is due to increases in property and equipment values and a portion is due to an increase in coverage. Trustee Lazette motioned to renew the policy with Decker Insurance Agency for $43,765.40 as presented. Trustee Travis Horkey seconded. Motion carried.
- Fire Department Fund 211, 2022 Fire Millage for 2023 Budget. This was a new fund added after the adoption of the 2022 fire millage. The Michigan Department of Treasury requested the expense portion of the fund be reimplemented and reapproved. A budget reflecting full list of expenses was presented with Total Revenue of $299,328.70 and Total Expenses of $299,016.00. Trustee Horkey motioned to adopt the 2022 Fire Millage Budget. Supervisor Uhl seconded. Roll Call vote was done by Clerk Anderson. Roll call vote: Trustee Jaworski – yes, Trustee Alana Horkey – yes, Trustee Gary Lazette – yes, Trustee Travis Horkey – yes, Supervisor Uhl – yes, Treasurer Hunt – excused absent, Clerk Anderson – yes. Motion Carried.
- Fire Department Amendment of Fund 266, 2012 Fire Millage for 2023 Budget for $50,000 to be moved from 2012 Fund Balance into 977 Equipment Fund to increase the budget of 977 fund to $120,000 for payment of $117,228.73 to PNC Equipment Finance for Pierce Fire Truck. Supervisor Uhl motioned to adopt 2012 Fire Millage Amendment as presented. Trustee Alana Horkey seconded. Roll Call vote was done by Clerk Anderson. Roll call vote: Trustee Alana Horkey – yes, Trustee Travis Horkey – yes, Trustee Gary Lazette – yes, Supervisor Uhl – yes, Clerk Anderson – yes, Treasurer Hunt – excused absent. Trustee Jaworski – yes. Motion carried.
- Trustee Lazette motioned to go into closed session to discuss attorney client privileged correspondence: Pursuant to open meetings act section 8h. Supervisor Uhl seconded. Discussion added: in attendance with board trustees, Kerry Bondy, Tim Lake and Todd Dickerson. Roll Call vote was done by Clerk Anderson. Roll call vote: Trustee Gary Lazette – yes, Clerk Anderson – yes, Trustee Alana Horkey – yes, Trustee Jaworski – yes Trustee Travis Horkey – yes, Supervisor Uhl – yes, Treasurer Hunt – excused absent. Motion carried. 8:07 p.m.
Closed Session from 8:20 p.m.-9:12.
Resumed open board meeting at 9:13 p.m.
Additional board comments:
Supervisor Uhl motioned to pay the bills from September 7, 2023 in the amount of $114,920.03. Trustee Lazette seconded. Motion Carried.
Trustee Jaworski motioned to adjourn at 9:13pm. Trustee Lazette supported. Motion carried.
The next meeting will be September 26, 2023 at 7:00PM.
Attested: Respectfully Submitted,
Joanna Uhl Jean Anderson
Dundee Township Supervisor Dundee Township Clerk