A Regular Meeting of the Dundee Township Board was held Tuesday, August 22, 2023. Supervisor Uhl called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present were: Trustees: Alana Horkey, Ken Jaworski, Travis Horkey, Supervisor Uhl, Clerk Anderson, Gary Lazette, & Treasurer Hunt. Clerk Anderson did roll call.
- Trustee Travis Horkey motioned to approve the agenda. Treasurer Hunt supported. Motion carried.
- Trustee Lazette motioned to waive the reading and approve the revised minutes from the regular meeting held on July 25, 2023. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion carried.
- Treasurer Hunt motioned to waive the reading and approve the correspondences. Trustee Alana Horkey. Motion carried.
- Trustee Lazette motioned to waive the reading and approve the July 2023 Treasurer’s Report. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENT: No public comments.
LIBRARY: No report at this time.
ASSESSING: No report at this time.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT: No report at this time.
- Total Calls for July 2023: 96, Village: 77 Township: 17, Mutal: 2.
TREASURER LISA HUNT:
- The Point and Pay system is in place.
- Continuing to explore options for a planning and ordinance review firm. Will discuss further at the next meeting.
- MTA Emerging Issues in Emergency Services Seminar on September 12th, 2023. Fire Chief Dan, Treasurer Hunt and Deputy Treasurer Larua Nevers will be attending. Supervisor Uhl motioned to for educational funds to be used for them to attend the MTA seminar. Trustee Jaworski seconded. Trustee Lazette mentioned to add milage. Motion Carried.
CLERK JEAN ANDERSON:
- There will be a Special Election for Ida School Sinking Fund Millage for November 7th, 2023.
- Presented an update for the General Ledger from Jim Beck, including Revenue & Expenditure Report, list of completed GL tasks, and list of things recommended to complete.
TRUSTEE GARY LAZETTE:
- Questioned Fire Department AP invoices and status of PAR Grant for ADA doors.
TRUSTEE TRAVIS HORKEY:
- Continuing to work on the WEC Wind Ordinance.
TRUSTEE KEN JAWORSKI:
- Acknowledged Mr. Cilley for clean-up at Oak Grove Cemetery.
TRUSTEE ALANA HORKEY: No report at this time.
OLD BUSINESS: No Old Business
- The Monroe Conservation District service agreement letter was presented with request for annual district support. Trustee Jaworski motioned to contribute $750 as previously contributed. Trustee Alana Horkey seconded. Motion Carried.
- Spending policy was discussed with an example spending expenditure presented. Additional Credit Card use policy was discussed. Wiil discuss further at next meeting.
- Reviewed 2022 audit discussed key points. Trustee Alana Horkey motioned to approve the 2022 Audit Report. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion Carried.
- Trustee Lazette motioned to assign $1M to a Township Building Fund. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion Carried.
Additional board comments:
- Trustee Lazette stated he is still working on quotes for the library repairs and ballot box base installation. He also inquired on clerk tasks.
- Clerk Anderson presented a list of tasks that she has completed in addition to her statutory duties to improve the function of the clerk’s office.
- Supervisor Uhl presented a letter from Art Bronson.
- Fire Chief stated there are now 29 firefighters, up from 26 last year with 11 new firefighters in the last two years. He is looking for funding for training costs and gear.
Trustee Jaworski motioned to pay the bills from August 3, 2023 in the amount of $40,414.83. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion Carried.
Supervisor Uhl motioned to pay the bills from August 17, 2023 in the amount of $115,967.17. Treasurer Hunt seconded. Motion Carried.
Treasurer Hunt motioned to adjourn at 8:28pm. Trustee Lazette supported. Motion carried.
The next meeting will be September 12, 2023 at 7:00PM.
Attested: Respectfully Submitted,
Joanna Uhl Jean Anderson
Dundee Township Supervisor Dundee Township Clerk